Really? Okay, I know if you are a professional writer, you get social media. You know the power of it. You understand its reach. And you know how to make the most of it. Your clients, however, may not get it.
So here’s a basic truth: As a writer, it’s part of your job to educate your clients about the use of social media. Which aspects may work best for their business. How to use it to get their messaging out to their customers/potential customers. And how to excel at it. Because the fact is, if your clients aren’t using social media to collect, gather, and disseminate information, they are behind the 8 ball…a place no one wants to be.
So here’s what you need to know, and share with your clients, about the power of social media:
- more than 1.5 BILLION people are currently online, with usage growing at a rate of 400% per year
- of those 1.5 billion users, 22% use social media
- 75% of online users go straight to a social network or blog when they log on
- last year, the average user spent 6 hours per month on social media sites
- only 19% of companies state that they are good or excellent at mining insight from social media
So what’s the big deal about social media? I think the numbers speak for themselves…start making the most of it, or get left behind.